Pool fencing is there for a reason – Safety. All pool fences must be compliant with pool fencing regulations or your pool fencing will not be deemed safe as per government standards.
At Mermaid Fencing we guarantee that all our pool fencing installations are fully compliant and meet the government criteria of safety barriers. We have been in the pool fencing business for over 30 years and we are equipped with up to date knowledge of all the legal requirements and pool fencing regulations that are in place.
We offer a consultation for our pool fencing designs and we advise our valued customers on what they will need in order for their pool fences and boundary fences to be fully compliant with the government’s criteria. Likewise, if your pool fencing suffers any damage and needs repairing, it must be repaired immediately.
Here is a checklist to ensure your pool fencing is compliant with the laws:
- Make sure all hinges on gates are not rusty and in good working order. Adjust and tighten hinges or replace if necessary.
- All pool safety barriers must be a minimum height of 1200mm from the bottom to the top.
- Remove any climbable objects that are within 900mm of the pool fencing.
- Any windows that directly open into the pool enclosure must be fitted with security window screens, so children cannot gain access to the pool area via the window.
- All vegetation or garden beds that reduce the height of a pool fence must be trimmed back or remodelled away from the pool fencing.
- Branches hanging over the pool enclosure must be cut back and removed so small children can’t access the pool area.
- Replace damaged or missing parts on the pool fencing or gates.
- Adjoining boundary fences must be at least 1200mm in height at their lowest point and they should not be climbable via handholds and footholds.
If the above list is adhered to then your pool fencing will be in compliance with government regulations. Trust your pool fencing supply and installation with Mermaid Fencing on the Gold Coast. We are the fencing experts and we know all the laws and regulations regarding pool fencing. When you work with Mermaid Fencing, you can be assured that your pool fencing will pass the test.