POOL FENCING GOLD COAST
BEST PRICES EVER
GLASS & ALUMINIUM POOL FENCING
Organise a Free Pool Fencing Measure & Quote
WE ARE FULLY INSURED - QBCC Lic: 1316160 | NSW Lic: 806515
GOLD COAST POOL FENCING
Our Gold Coast pool fencing comes with a warranty that guarantees your peace of mind, ensuring that your pool fence is built to meet all necessary regulatory standards.
At Mermaid Fencing, we stand behind our work and assure you that all Gold Coast pool fencing installations are fully compliant with QLD safety regulations.
THE BEST PRICES
When it comes to pool fencing needs on the Gold Coast, Mermaid Fencing is recognised for delivering top-quality products at the most competitive prices in the market.
500+ Unique frameless glass pool fencing designs & installations delivered on the Gold Coast.
800+ unique semi-frameless glass pool fencing developments completed on the Gold Coast.
1,000+ Aluminium fencing designs and installations delivered to Gold Coast residents.
Mermaid Fencing can provide intricate and well-structured aluminium balustrade fencing for all situations.
CERTIFIED POOL FENCING INSTALLATIONS COMPANY
Guaranteed to meet Gold Coast specification and regulations.
Enjoying a refreshing dip in the pool is a quintessential part of Gold Coast summers. But, to ensure safety and compliance with regulations, Gold Coast pool fencing is a must-have. At Mermaid Fencing, we have been supplying and installing quality pool fencing for over a decade. As a local family business, we take pride in connecting with our clients, listening to their stories, and understanding their unique needs. Learn more about our expertise in Gold Coast pool fencing and why we are the go-to choice for many locals.
POOL FENCING GOLD COAST - COMPLIANCE
Style & Safety are our Pool Fencing Specialty
Pool fencing is not just a legal requirement, but a crucial safety feature for your family and guests. At Mermaid Fencing, we prioritise both compliance with government regulations and aesthetic appeal when it comes to delivering pool fencing solutions for our Gold Coast clients. Our pool fences not only look stunning but also function as reliable safety barriers. Explore our range of pool fences that can enhance the look of your pool area, including:
• Frameless pool fencing
• Semi-frameless pool fencing
• Aluminium pool fencing
• Glass pool fencing repairs
• Pool fencing regulations
• Pool fencing certification
Gold Coast's Highest Reviewed Pool Fencing Company.
We strive to be the most friendly pool fencing company on the Gold Coast and treat our service like an art.
GET IN TOUCH
Make your pool fencing a standout feature of your yard and garden with Mermaid Fencing’s expert solutions. Our pool fencing team specialises in delivering pool fencing that combines safety, style, and attention to detail to complement your pool area. We supply and install stunning pool fencing that meets regulatory compliance requirements without compromising on aesthetics.
Don’t settle for mediocre pool fencing solutions that fail to do justice to your Gold Coast home and community. Trust Mermaid Fencing, a local pool fencing company that cares about the safety and well-being of Gold Coast families. Contact us today to explore our range of pool fencing options and elevate the look of your pool area.
Drop us a line..
Pool Fencing FAQs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The QLD government has the power to investigate compliance with pool safety standards and can issue fines where they see fit.
If the current pool vicinity does not comply with pool safety standards, local governments can issue on-the-spot fines of $934 for individuals and $2669 for companies and apartment buildings.
Did you know, the maximum penalty a court can impose is $22,019.
If you fail to register your pool, QBCC can issue penalties which include an on-the-spot fine of $266 for individuals or $800 for companies. The court can impose a maximum penalty of up to $2669.
If you are a Gold Coast pool owner, you must ensure that your pool fence meets the height requirements set by the government. The minimum height for a pool fence on the Gold Coast is 1200mm from the finished ground level or other permanent surface.
At Mermaid Fencing, we understand the importance of complying with safety regulations to keep your loved ones and pets safe. Contact us today to learn more about our professional pool fencing installation services that guarantee compliance with Gold Coast safety regulations.
Keeping children safe and preventing drowning incidents is a requirement for pool fencing in Queensland, Australia. State law requires that all residential pools be equipped with a barrier that separates them from their surroundings and prevents unsupervised children from accessing them. In Australia, drowning is the leading cause of death for children under five years of age. This helps to reduce the risk of drowning.
- In Queensland, pool owners must comply with strict pool safety regulations to ensure the safety of children and others around the pool area. The requirements include:
- Pool Fencing Height: Pool fences must have a minimum height of 1200mm (1.2 meters) from the ground level or any permanent projection.
- Construction: Fences should be constructed to prevent children from climbing over or crawling under them.
- Pool Gates: Self-closing and self-latching gates are mandatory, and they must open away from the pool area.
- Non-Climbable Zone: A non-climbable zone of at least 900mm (0.9 meters) must be maintained around the perimeter of the pool fence to prevent access to climbable objects.
In Australia, glass pool fencing is defined by Australian Standards AS 1926.1-2012 and AS 2208-1996.
- AS 1926.1-2012 (Safety barriers for swimming pools): This standard specifies the requirements for the design, construction, and performance of fences, gates, retaining walls, windows, door sets, and balustrades to form a barrier that will restrict the access of young children to swimming pools.
- AS 2208-1996 (Safety glazing materials in buildings): This standard specifies the requirements for various types of safety glazing material, including toughened glass. This standard states that safety glass (tempered or laminated glass) should be used for all glass pool fencing and balustrading.
As for the specifics of glass pool fencing under these standards:
- The height of the fence must be at least 1200mm (1.2m) above the ground.
- The gap at the bottom of the fence cannot be more than 100mm (10cm) from the ground.
- The fence must be made of either toughened or laminated safety glass.
- For frameless glass fencing, the glass should be at least 12mm thick.
- For semi-frameless glass fencing, the glass should be at least 10mm thick.
- Gates should swing outwards, away from the pool.
- Gate latches must be self-closing and self-latching, and out of reach of small children (at least 1500mm above ground level).
Before installing or modifying a pool fence, it is important to check with your local council for any additional regulations regarding pool fencing. Furthermore, these standards may have been revised or updated after I reached my training cut-off in September 2021. For the most accurate information, always refer to the most recent standards or consult with a professional.
Professional installation of pool fencing is essential to avoid costly mistakes that could lead to non-compliance and repeated inspection failures. Mermaid Fencing provides supply and installation services that ensure your pool fence is compliant, insured, and meets industry standards.
Aluminum fencing is a popular choice for large-scale pool fencing projects due to its affordability, durability, and easy repairability. It is a strong and reliable material that doesn’t require costly glass additions, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious customers.
At Mermaid Fencing, we offer a range of pool fencing solutions that meet your needs, preferences, and budget. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our quality pool fencing products and services.
A pool fence is a crucial safety measure that protects everyone from potential hazards around pools. In line with the QLD government’s regulations, Gold Coast residents with pools in their homes or apartment buildings must comply with strict pool fencing requirements to ensure the safety of minors.
Pool fencing regulations are stringent, and non-compliance can result in heavy fines. Therefore, it’s always advisable to engage the services of a reputable pool fencing company for installation. At Mermaid Fencing, we are dedicated to providing compliant and high-quality pool fencing solutions that prioritise your family’s safety. Contact us today to learn more about our pool fencing services and secure your pool area with confidence.
Pool fencing offers multiple benefits, such as:
Child Safety: Pool fencing helps prevent unsupervised children from accessing the pool area, reducing the risk of drowning incidents.
Liability Protection: Having a compliant fence can reduce pool owners’ liability in case of a drowning incident.
Privacy and Aesthetics: Pool fencing can provide privacy and enhance the appearance of a property.
Property Value: A well-maintained pool area with a compliant fence can add value to a property.
Compliance with Regulations: In many areas, including Queensland, Australia, pool fencing is required by law. Having a compliant fence ensures that the property meets local regulations.
Yes, Queensland’s pool fencing regulations specify certain materials that are acceptable for pool fence construction. These materials must comply with the Australian Standards AS 1926.1-2012. Acceptable pool fencing materials include:
- Aluminum: Aluminum pool fences are a popular choice due to their durability, low maintenance, and corrosion resistance.
- Glass: Frameless or semi-frameless glass pool fences provide a modern and visually appealing look while maintaining safety standards.
- Steel: Steel fences offer robustness and versatility in design, making them suitable for various pool areas.
- Timber: Timber pool fences can complement the aesthetics of the surroundings, but it’s essential to choose treated timber to withstand weather conditions.
It’s crucial for pool owners to ensure their pool fences meet all the relevant requirements and standards to prevent accidents and comply with the law. Regular pool fence inspections and maintenance are essential to maintain a safe and secure pool area in Queensland.